The life of Ginuwine
Ginuwine’s real name is Elgin Baylor Lumpkin and was the favourite in the 90s heyday of hip-hop soul. He began his career in the late 1980s by joining a hip-hop group called Finesse Five. In November 2014, one of his lawyers disclosed that he was on the verge of bankruptcy. He owed around $300,000 to his firm and other creditors. Everyone who was suing him was manifesting that he was lying about the default so that he won’t have to settle the amount. He had accomplishments for his first four collections:- Ginuwine… The bachelor, 100% divine Ginuwine, The Life, and The senior.
Ginuwine was born on 15th October 1970 in Washington DC, United States. He is a musician, songwriter, dancer, and actor. After the death of both his parents even, he tried to commit suicide and abandoned his work. But, later, he tried to move on from the depression and was even successful. The love of his fans and people dependent on him made him come back to work. He claimed that the record of 2001, i.e. Life was his most personal project. He had left the “Swing mob” group he was performing and pursued his solo career. He has his debut albums with his wife Solé, DeVante Swing, Aaliyah, Missy Elliot, etc.
|Birth Name||Elgin Baylor Lumpkin|
|Born||15th October 1970|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, dancer, actor|
|Countryside||Washington DC, United States|
|Height||6’2″ or 187 cm|
|Weight||85kgs or 187.5lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|High School||Forestville High School|
|College||Prince George’s Community College|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Playing Position||Not known|
|Works||So Anxious (1999)|
Adult Chocolate Milk (ad)
The ideal husband (movie) etc
What is the success story of Ginuwine?
- He had started performing at the age of 12 in bars and parties. He performed with a local group called Finesse Five. Since birth, his inspiration in music was Michael Jackson and Prince. He decided on his name ‘Ginuwine’ in 1996. He began his work with producers like R.Kelly. One of the members of Jodeci signed him for his record label. His album “Pony” became very famous and was sixth on the Billboard. His solo song “Differences” reached number four on the Billboard Hot 100.
- In 2003, his album “The Senior” debuted at number six on the Billboard 200, and it was even certified to be gold. His album even included work with the rapper Young Knight. Ginuwine’s fifth collection, “Back II Da Basics”, was announced on November 15, 2005. Ginuwine’s sixth album, named “A Man’s Thoughts”, was released on June 23, 2009. Ginuwine’s seventh studio album Elgin was released in 2011. He has been working on many new albums recently.
What is the physical appearance of Ginuwine?
He has an athletic build with a height of 6ft 2 inches and 85kgs. It is said that he has a smooth voice and a fit body.
What is the relationship status of Ginuwine?
He was married to Solé in September 2003. Her real name was Tonya M. Johnston, and she was a rapper. Ginuwine has four children from three different mothers. But, later in 2009, he announced he has nine children. They both got divorced in July 2015. There’s not much known about his previous relationships as such. Right now, he is dating Claudia Jordan.
What is the net worth of Ginuwine?
His net worth is around $5 million. His music is the primary and the most crucial source of his income. He has found success in commercial music, films, and video games.
- He calls himself ‘Ginuwine’ because he believes that he is down to earth.
- His nicknames are Tornado, Mr Elgin, Elgin Lumpkin, etc.
- His first single Pony was used in the Grand Theft Auto IV video game in 2008.
- He has won awards like MuchMusic Video Award for Best HipHop Video Soul Train Music Award for best R&B/Soul album- Male, Pony, In Those Jeans, Differences.
View this post on Instagram